As a beginner’s guide, you will need a few supplies if you are interested in trying out smoking tobacco through a pipe. Here’s the guide to get prepared to enjoy smoking a pipe with one of your favorite cocktails, the two ingredients for a perfect evening.
This list is intended for beginner’s, which includes the necessities to enjoy smoking tobacco from a pipe. Here’s what you are going to need:
1. A Pipe. At first glance, choosing one of the many tobacco pipes that are available at BNB can be a quite daunting task. As a beginner, you should look into getting a cheaper Corleone pipe. These pipes are not only affordable, but they are also highly effective, which make them the perfect type of pipe to start out with.
2. Pipe Cleaners. Of course, after you are done smoking your pipe, you have to clean it.
3. Tobacco. Since tobacco comes in a number of different strengths and flavors, it is best to talk to a tobacconist before deciding on an option. To start out with, you might want to look into trying a tasty flavor of some sort.
4. Tamper. This tool is used to pack your tobacco into your pipe. They are also pretty cheap.
5. Wooden Matches.
Smoking Your Pipe
Before you plan on smoking your pipe, remember that this is supposed to be an enjoyable activity, so make sure that you enjoy it!
1. Fill Your Bowl. This task can be very difficult for a beginner, and it affects your entire smoking experience. To begin, fill your bowl loosely with your tobacco and lightly press it down with your tamper. Your bowl will then be half full. Next, fill the top of your bowl with more tobacco. When this done, pack down the tobacco more firmly than you did before. Your bowl should now be three quarters full. Top off your bowl with some more tobacco and press down again. Ultimately, you will want to have a small gap between the top of your bowl and your tobacco.
2. Test Your Draw. Put your pipe in your mouth, and take a test puff. If air doesn’t flow easily through your tobacco, you packed your bowl too tightly. If this is the case, go back to step one.
3. Light Your Pipe. You should use either wooden matches or a pipe lighter to light your pipe. Move your match or lighter in a rounded motion over the top of your tobacco, as you gently draw on your pipe. Repeat until your tobacco is lit evenly. Make sure to use your tamper to carefully pack down your initial ash evenly. Now, light your tampered tobacco once more to truly ensure that your tobacco is well lit.
4. Don’t Rush Your Smoke. Whenever you smoke your pipe, smoke it slowly! Beginners typically suck in too quickly, which will make it feel as if you burnt your tongue. Thus, remember to relax and smoke slowly.