We all have our own valid reasons for wanting to give hemp a try, but easily, the most common reason is for wanting to achieve a sense of calm. We know that CBD has calming properties, along with other compounds that occur alongside cannabidiol in the hemp plant. But does that mean that literally any CBD product you choose on the market will help you feel relaxed shortly after taking it?
CBD and Relaxation
Before we discuss the different ways to achieve calmness through CBD, we need to explain why this compound is capable of potentially providing this effect in the first place. CBD is cannabidiol, the main compound in hemp. It, like many compounds in hemp, may help balance neurotransmitters in the brain thanks to its ability to bind to cannabinoid receptors located in these neural areas, which influence the way in which we feel through a process of regulation.
CBD has been studied specifically for its calming effects, and findings indicate that it does have the potential to help us feel less stressed out. It may even help enhance sleep, as studies show. Cannabidiol is a naturally derived compound that acts gently when consumed by the body, meaning that you won’t feel “high” after taking it. Plus, it’s nontoxic, which means that users can generally feel free to take higher strengths that are available if they so choose.
Choosing the Best CBD for a Sense of Calm
BnB Tobacco carries an impressive array of quality CBD products that can satisfy that desire for relaxation. So, how do we achieve that calming sensation that so many of us are looking for? It’s all about knowing what to look for in a hemp product. Let’s walk you through the different factors worth exploring.
The Delivery Method
The delivery method refers to the form that the cannabidiol comes in.
- Vapes: Vaping CBD allows for effects to take place within minutes, and they are felt the most potently when inhaled. The effects typically wear off around an hour or so.
- Tinctures: Administered sublingually, and can take effect within 30-45 minutes, lasting for a few hours at a time.
- Edibles: Take up to two hours before kicking in but can provide effects for several hours.
- Smokable Hemp: Works just like vaping, acting fast and potently before wearing off in about an hour.
- Topicals: We actually don’t recommend using topicals if you’re trying to experience mental calmness. This is because topicals only work on the area of application rather than reaching the brain.
The milligram strength refers to the potency level of the product, and so you’ll want to make sure that you choose a strength that reflects your needs. The more stressed out you are, the higher your milligram strength should be. Also, those with higher body weights generally do better with higher-strength formulas.
Always look at the other ingredients in the formula, as some CBD products contain more than one active ingredient. For example, if you’re trying to minimize stress, choosing a CBD product made with lavender is more suitable than one that contains, say, caffeine.
How the CBD was made is extremely important, which is why you should always look for an indication that the CBD was made using a CO2 method, with the exception of flower products that are not extracted. Also, look for third-party lab reports which show that the hemp was tested by an unbiased laboratory for quality and purity.
Type of Hemp Extract
One overlooked factor is the kind of hemp extract found in the formula, of which there are three.
- CBD Isolate: Pure cannabidiol extract, as no other compounds are found in the product. CBD alone has been studied for its calming effects and may be very helpful.
- Full Spectrum: Consists of the full variety of compounds in hemp, including other cannabinoids as well as terpenes, nutrients and more. Each one may offer something useful to the body in terms of helping you feel more calm, and full spectrum allows you to experience the entourage effect, in which all of the compounds join forces synergistically to be more effective.
- Broad Spectrum: Just like full spectrum except the THC has been removed. While broad spectrum hemp will not give you the entourage effect, it still offers a rich array of compounds that may be helpful.
How You Take It Matters
Of course, there’s the matter of taking hemp properly as well. There are a few key things to keep in mind when starting a routine, as even the best product won’t give you desirable results if you’re not taking it in the most efficient manner.
- We recommend going with at least the full recommended dose on the bottle so that your body can receive an ample amount of hemp compounds in order to be as effective as possible.
- Take your dose each day, because CBD accumulates in the body to become more effective over time. It can take up to two weeks before you really feel cannabidiol in action.
- Of course, if you’re dealing with anxiety or another mental health disorder, you should talk to your doctor before incorporating CBD into your routine in an effort to treat your condition.
Hemp Blissfulness at Its Finest
At BnB Tobacco, we pride ourselves on offering a generous variety of high-quality CBD goods, many of which have the potential to help you feel less stressed out. Explore our collection and choose a formula that suits your particular needs. With so much exceptional hemp to offer, we know you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.